Thursday, October 8, 2009

"The French invented the tongue"

I'm a big Bill Maher fan. He's a little obnoxious, sure, but he's spot on I believe re: politics (although he does seem very conservative re: the use of Rx products). I listen to podcasts of his HBO show Real Time with Bill Maher, the best part is his "new rules" (a favorite of mine: "New Rule: Yoko Ono must stop saying 'this is what John would've wanted.' I'll tell you what he would've wanted: a divorce and Lucy Liu."). French friend Laurence recently posted this video on Facebook re: his take on France. I heard it when it was originally aired around the French election, but it cracks me up just the same now, and sadly, still remains relevant in the context of the healthcare debate back home.

I love how guest Sean Penn is trying to keep it together, but can't help cracking up. Even Bill M. himself cracks at the end. This one had me at "France."

Le baiser de l’hôtel de ville, Robert Doisneau (1950)

No comments:

Post a Comment